Convention Center Department Overview
The Convention Center
staff is responsible for operating the newly expanded and renovated facility. The personnel are
charged with booking conventions, trade shows, theater performances and other events in an effort to maximize the
use of the facility. The facility has a 1,331 seat theater and 40,000 square feet of exhibition space
that can also accomodate arena style seating for up to 4,900, plus smaller meeting rooms.
The entire facility encompasses 145,000 square feet of space on an 18 acre campus.
Purpose of the Convention Center
Convention centers play many different roles in their respective communities. By hosting regional and national conventions we generate taxes, individual spending, job creation and major economic impact to our local city, state and region. We also play a pivotal role in the local and state meeting and hospitality market by providing first class space for conventions, meetings, corporate events, fund raisers, banquets, consumer shows and entertainment concerts. The convention center staff strives to maximize the revenue potential of the facility while delivering first rate customer service.
Arkansas Best Corporation - Performing Arts Center
55 South 7th Street
Fort Smith, AR
Free Parking is available in our parking lot at Wheeler Avenue one block down and across from the National Cemetery.
First National Bank of Fort Smith Exhibition Hall
800 Rogers Avenue
Fort Smith, AR
Parking is available in our parking lot at 9th and Rogers Avenue.
- 40,000 Square feet of Column free event space with a 34 foot ceiling height
- Eight (8) breakout rooms
- Accommodates 231 - 10 ft x 10 ft exhibit booths
- Theater style seating for up to 4800 people
- Banquet style seating at round tables up to 2,700 people
- State-of-the-art performing arts theatre with seating for 1,331 people
- Only a 15 minute drive from the Fort Smith Regional Airport
- Quick and easy access off Interstate 40
- Centrally located; 145 miles east of Tulsa and 197 miles east of Oklahoma City, OK; 161 miles west of Little Rock and north of Hot Springs, AR
- Leave the crowds and the noise behind
- "Fort Smith offers big city pleasures without the big city pain!"